 Trains / Train Organizations / 1277
Re: IOLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 12:34:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
<snip>

1.  LD is aware (formally) of this new group and if so what do they expect
from it.  (This would be a good point for LD to step up to the plate with an
answer).

I'm sure LD is aware of it (they *do* read LUGNet), but why would anyone
assume that they would have anything to do with it?

Well I am sure they are aware of it too but I asked if they were "formally
aware" of this group I.E. had a hand in its formation.  I get the feeling now
that maybe they didn't but I think its fairly obvious why many of us "assumed"
they would be (See Kevin Wilsons Reply to your post).

<snip>

Please don't kill me for this.  I just want to know all the facts.  If it is
as simple as "there was a missunderstanding" and this is just a very
informal group then please let me know.  I just want to know LDs involvement
so our group can make an informed decision as to whether this is a good idea
or not.

Just curious.  How would LD's involvement make the IOLTC such a rotten
venture?

Well LD's involvement may or may not make this a "rotten venture" but their
involvement or non-involvement drastically changes the face of the group one
way or the other.  I have said before that equal treatment by LD for all groups
probably is not good.  For example I doubt GMLTC could care less if you got a
discount on bricks (Conan's collection), the PNLTC would probably care less
about getting track (World record event),  and NELUG could care less about K8's
(at the moment we have no desire for a kids play area).

As long as LD is not directly involved and each group can talk individually
with LD about their spacific group needs without having to go through the IOLTC
then I think we are probably OK with it.

There was clearly some poor communication about the group formation and LDs
involvement.  I think everyone just wants to have everything cleared up before
commiting their groups to a potential "Mother Group" that may or may not have
an affiliation with LD.

Eric Kingsley