 Trains / Train Organizations / 1274
Re: IOLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 05:11:11 GMT

John Neal wrote in message <3AA1CB7A.833172CD@uswest.net>...
I'm sure LD is aware of it (they *do* read LUGNet), but why would anyone • assume
that they would have anything to do with it?  They have nothing to do with
it.

This is why (quoting from teh first message in this thread, by Mike Walsh):

For the time being, the list is being limited to North American Groups.
This is at the request of LD who asked Steve to put this together in the
first place.

This statement needs to be either stated to be wrong (please!) or explained
somehow.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/
The Guild of Bricksmiths: http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page:

2.  What, if anything, does LD expect in return for involvement.

LD doesn't expect *anything*.  They understand the wide exposure LTCs give • LEGO
and LEGO trains when LTCs exhibit at train shows.  They think it's great, • and they
want to support the efforts of LTCs.  That's it.

Please don't kill me for this.  I just want to know all the facts.  If it • is as
simple as "there was a missunderstanding" and this is just a very • informal
group then please let me know.  I just want to know LDs involvement so • our
group can make an informed decision as to whether this is a good idea or • not.

Just curious.  How would LD's involvement make the IOLTC such a rotten • venture?

-John

Eric Kingsley