 Trains / Train Organizations / 1258
1257  |  1259
Subject:
IOLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 04:56:20 GMT

This evening Steve Barile and I had a conversation regarding getting the
IOLTC mailing list off the ground.  Since Steve has been swamped at work
this week I offered to help him out.

The charter of the list has been bantered about in this group a fair amount
over the last few days but in a nutshell, the list will provide a forum
where representatives from LEGO Train Clubs (or LUGs that also display
trains) can have discussions relevant to staging a show, dealing with GATS,
dealing with LD, etc.

This begs the question - why not simply use lugnet.trains.org?  There are
certain topics that are better dicsussed in a non-public forum.  Just about
every LUG or LTC has their own mailing list for virtually the same reason.

So ... as opposed to having Steve's InBox inundated with e-mail from people
interested in joining the list, we are going to utilize the following
procedure:

We are asking each group to sign up one or two (at most) representatives.
How each group comes to decide who represents them is completely up to them.
Utilize the web based sign up page (provided below) to sign up your
representatives.

If it is unclear to either Steve or I which group certain e-mail addresses
are related to one of us will contact you offline.  If a group signs up more
than two members then that group will be asked to pick the two members that
will represent them.  Note:  Signing up does nothing more than generate a
request to be a member of the list.

For the time being, the list is being limited to North American Groups.
This is at the request of LD who asked Steve to put this together in the
first place.  LD has something else in mind (what I have no idea) for other
parts of the globe.