 Trains / Train Organizations / 1272
Re: IOLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 03:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Mike Walsh writes:
Re-reading my post from yesterday I think I emphasized the LD involvement
too much.

I'm almost as confused as everyone else by what has got to be an offhand
remark, or even a misstatement, that is getting blown out of proportion (or
else I am worried too).

OK.  What kind of "involvement" would there be from LD then?

I thought that the answer is "none, except that if LD wants to announce
something it could send someone on the list a note and that person would
forward it on, as a courtesy". I still hope that's the answer. I don't want
LD subscribed to the list. I'm not sure even *that* much is all that useful
or appropriate.

Similarly, I wouldn't want a Greenberg or GATS person on the list either.
Since one of the things we want to discuss is how to make sure that GATS
isn't getting a free or cheap ride if LTCs continue to be the big draw they
have been... Yes we exhibit for fun, and that's WHY we do it, but there are
always expenses that can be more effectively defrayed if we ensure we get a
fair honorarium.

Steve's note elsewhere in the subthread helps but doesn't state it quite
crisply enough for me.

++Lar