 Trains / 28863 (-100)
  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) [SNIPPED] (...) Yes, it need to be cut (at least for one model I've built) . As far as I've seen, only a few models use the flex tube but I have not check if the cutting can be done to satisfy all of the models. (...) [SNIPPED] At least you (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

"Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message news:JEw7AE.1xo@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I believe this subject is covered in one of the reviews. If you haven't read them, I would encourage you to do so. You can find (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Its a black macaroni, see (URL) here> Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Apologies. Tim is right, the first is the droid body and the second is a mystery (Geez, we should know this!) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) I believe the first one is the top to a hinge: (URL) The second is a droid body, used for pantograph assemblies: (URL) -Jeramy (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Dark bley droid body is the first one. Can't tell the second or even remember anything remotely looking like it. Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Here's a few questions that didn't make it into the FAQ: 1) Does the flex hose require cutting, and if so can it be cut in a way that satisfies the needs of all 30 models? 2) Is it possible to build any two (or more) of the 30 models at the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

Can anyone tell me what the part next to the technic half pin and the grey 1 x 1 brick is (says "x4" underneath)? Also, what is the part next to the magnet holder and 2 x 3 black plate (says "x4" underneath)? I can identify all the other parts but (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:JEvtGH.9xK@lugnet.com... (...) Here is an image of the inventory from the box art: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - My LEGO Blog (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Mind the gap! London Underground Standard tube stock

(URL) With my designing of the W+C 1940 stock (SR class 487) model recently I overcame some design obstacles that had set me against continuing the design process for the standard stock, having started it by throwing together a quick demonstrator (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

(...) Not yet an official one at peeron or bricklink. (URL) The various reviews descibe some of the pieces in the box and you might find some pics about the inventory of 10183 in a gallery form one of the reviewers: (URL) Holger (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

Is there an inventory for this set available anywhere yet? (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 LEGO Hobby Train FAQ

A FAQ has been prepared for the 10183 LEGO Hobby Train. The FAQ addresses many of the questions which have been raised since it was announced last month. The FAQ is available in English and German and in high and low resolutions. For more details, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) I can relate to that-- YABO! :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) I currently only have 2 of those 1/2 cylinder bricks. But I will consider ordering some more. They would provide a much smoother appearance. I ran out of 1x1 white round plates, so I will have to order more if I want to replace any of the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

Thank you for the input. I have addressed each of your comments below: (...) I agree. I can either replace the white windows with 2x2 trans-black panels (but my Penobscot Building had been using all of those up) or I can use more 1x2 clear bricks; (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Thanks for the compliments. As for the sand green, I will take a look at my current tile supply. I have to admit that sometimes I just use whatever color is available to get the MOC finished instead of placing yet another bricklink order. In (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Thanks. By the way, you are thinking of the Battersea power station (1939-) in London which was on the album cover. That would be a cool MOC to do since it is an example of industrial art deco. My building represents a design from 1910-1920. (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Chris, Very nice! Great MOC. Lots of good details! Thanks for sharing. -Paul D. (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JErwnp.I0@lugnet.com... (...) Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Your buildings have given me much inspiration in the past so I am honored to be able to "give back" a bit. :-) Tim (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Very nice. Like everyone else, I like the block glass effect of the 1x2 windows. The chimney... did you try building it with those 2x4x5 semicircle bricks? Just a thought. By the way, I like the way some of the lights on the sign look brightly (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) Thanks Mark, Here's a pic of the 360 degree roll, the first roller-coaster function that goes beyond the capabilities of the old monorail: (URL) is the whole rolling track: (URL) when moderated: (URL) if the whole gallery isn't available for a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Damn, that is one fine engine! Chris (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  GtwLUG at Great Train Expo in Collinsville IL

Come one, come all to the only St. Louis Lego club's train display on the 24th and 25th of March 2007 at The Great Train Expo in Collinsville IL. See fast trains, amazing buildings, high flying Starships, and maybe even a surprise or two. Fun for (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) Inconceivable! (...) Whoa, now that's sad news. What a bummer. It is definitely worth the rebuild IMO. (...) That would be awesome. We'd save some space for your MOCs in the TCLTC's yard:-) JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) Sadly the Big Chicken was MIA for the event even though the real thing was less than a mile away from the show. The coal tipple is no more, it never traveled well and one day met its demise returning from a show. Right now it doesn't look like (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

(...) It all looks great, JT, but I'd like to file a complaint that (URL) this> didn't make the cut (or (URL) this>, for that matter). I liked the SNOT graffiti; presumably created by miscreant frogmen?;-) I can't view avi video, so I couldn't watch (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC at the local NMRA Train Show

This past weekend the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) particpated in the local NMRA Piedmont Division's Train show, this is our 9th year at this event. It is held in a smaller venue so our layout is about the 1/3 of what would have at the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

Given the dearth of comments so far I thought I'd add my voice to the appreciative few. I love the windows - I too have acquired many hundreds of those, but I've only used them in 4x4 configurations as many-paned house windows rather than pseudo (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks Benn It may sound really stupid but I use Excel to prepare my drawings - each drawing element is prepared separately then I do the overall layout. Before you start choking, there are however specific reasons why I use it. It is (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Hi Chris, First let me echo the other posts, "nice MOC with great detail". But let me go further and note that I think your instructions are equally nice and are deserving of attention in their own right. Mind if I ask what software you used (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Retrofitting an EMD locomotive with a Caterpillar prime mover... how prototypical (grin). Benn (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(...) Thanks Eric, Yup, they plan to tear it down after the replacement is done in who now's when. I also remember you took pics of our maglev and other stuff at BricksWest a few years ago... Have Fun! Mark (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Come to think of it, So have I (there are some in the pictures of my prime mover), and they are mighty fine, if a little time consuming to cut ;-) (...) Thanks Guys It's down to Staples for me this weekend :-) Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Thanks for your kind works James Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Indeed, these clear labels are excellent. I have seen them first-hand, and they look very nice. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) onlinelabels.com has clear labels. I used them for this effort: (URL) ___...___ It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar. (URL) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

--snip-- (...) I'm going to guess that it's the box and the instructions. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Hi Chris, Very, very nice! Wonderful attention to an interior element. Amping up the interiors for engines, coaches, etc. is an excellent focus. I look forward to your further creations and announcements! I should be a student of the proper (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

(...) From my own order, here is what you get for the "K"10183 : K10183 LEGO® Hobby Train 2 CAD 99.99 CAD 199.98 10183 LEGO® Hobby Train 2 CAD 0.00 CAD 0.00 I10183 2 CAD 0.00 CAD 0.00 I do not know what they means thought... (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) An alternative is inkjet vinyl sticker sheet, avaialbe in clear and white. I find that this gives as good a look as official stickers, but the ink can be smudges with careless handling. The stuff I use is made by Folex. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

Hey coolness, I like the way you built that. Also, having grown up in the Bay Area, I can't tell you how many times I have been across the Bay Bridge! So, it is all the more fun to see, thank you! -Eric (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) snip (...) snip (...) Chris, Very nicely done. It is hard to capture the size of current North American engines in six-wide, but you have done it. I will be using a lot of what you have done in my next set of engines. Thanks for sharing. Bob (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) I'm not sure what you're saying. That because Lego doesn't have a DCC system, arbitrary curve geometry, etc, that Lego doesn't *have* a hobbyist market? Here's the skinny: You've got people who don't care if we switch to a battery system, and (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) In replying to my own post I fully admit my own stupidity! I dont have any pictures handy but I worked from a Cat product spec off the web. Icant work out how to do a direct link to it but this should work: (URL) on locomotive and you want the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Sorry John I was impatient to make my first post before work this morning and tried to do it before working out how to post with pictures. Sussed it now. (URL) Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) I think this mostly comes from what was mentioned last year at BrickFest about Lego creating a "Hobby" line of trains. I suppose it depends on the definition of hobbyist in this case. If you're talking in terms of model railroaders, then I'd (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks for your comments Tim It was the flush brake wheel that caused the hassles. Your radiator grill is deeper than the inverse slopes I had in previously, and the small grill below the wheel was a 1x2 brick type attached to the base and not (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:JEsttJ.GA@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I posted the wrong link! It should be: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - My LEGO Blog (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Can't pass up a Tap ref:-) I liked the MOC, Chris; it would be cool if you could post a pic of one IRL so that we can appreciate yours more fully. JOHN (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Thanks for the tip Ondrew, I was disapointed with the stickers my ink jet produced. I am going to try using one of the laser copiers at my work at some point as I had a much better (and shinier) match to the LEGO colours. Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) That's exactly what I was trying to achieve, shoehorn in somthing serious and turn it up to 11! Thanks Chris (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) Yes, but I'd argue that the current 9 volt system is a toy train sytem. Hobbyists are after something more complex, like DCC, motorized switches, alternative geometries on curves, DRIVERS FOR STEAM ENGINES, etc. It is remarkable to me that TLG (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) well well done. the model is seemingly simple but well executed. i think my only gripe would be your stickers. try putting clear box tape over your stickers before you cut them and apply them to your engine. this emulates the shineyness of (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) It's not a question of whether or not I'll buy the set. Even if I didn't want the set, I would consider purchasing it if I knew that it had a direct bearing on the fate of 9 volt (which I'd like to continue). I think you and DaveE have made (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:JEspws.C98@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped .. ] 3 of the 6 reviews are now online, you find them in PDF format on the ILTCO site and links to their respecitve home pages from this ILTCO (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) Elroy pretty much has it. This set is marketed as part of the 9v Electric system. It is meant for LEGO Train "Hobbiests" not just kids that want to build a LEGO kit and watch it go around the track a few times. Everyone is welcome to their own (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) Because Lego notices the distinct markets of toy trains and hobby trains. The toy train market is for kids, the hobby trains are for adults. Lego knows that hobbyists are after electrical track. Whether or not it's a 9v system probably isn't (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) I agree that this is a great set. We had the chance to play with one this weekend at our local NMRA show and it was great to find such a large selection of prime train parts all in one set. You can see from this picture that NGLTC club members (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

(...) Eric might have more info on this than I do, but from what I can tell, TLG is marketing this set as part of the 9v system, so purchasing this set would show an interest in that system. I know last night when I hit the Shop at Home site to (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: <snip> (...) Really? I don't see the connection here, Eric. Why would TLG equate the success of this set with an endorsement of the 9 volt system? I'd like to think that there is some definitive way to express (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

(...) Hey Chris, IHMO, you have accomplished that visual objective in spades! That motor is totally ballsy and bada**-lookin'! Way to amp it up! Dave S. (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10183 Hobby Train Review

I was one of 6 folks picked to review set 10183 pre-release. We were given permission to start posting our reviews today. Actually Brick Journal got an exclusive for the weekend but the rest of us are posting starting today. My review can be found (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

(...) Hi Chris, Great job on the loco. There's a few bits I'll probably pinch if I ever get around to building my CN in the brick. I'm particularly partial to your embedded wheel and handrails. The staggered slopes work quite well for the nose. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) I love it. It looks just like a factory or industrial-zoned building, which it should. All the roof-top elements are fabulous. I might have gone with another color tile than sand green on the tops of the facade, but that is just me. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC

Hot on the heels of my first post, here’s my second (and the reason I got side tracked) … I went for a biggie for my first loco MOC so please let me know what you think of my Canadian Pacific GE Evolution Series in six-wide. (URL) Pictures and (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

(...) Well, you did tell me they wouldn't be available till a few days AFTER your birthday...? ;-) Greetz, Anton (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

(...) If you check out the latest BrickJournal you can see some more brick built versions, these are the AFOL designer's prototypes I think Tim (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

(...) No pre-order and pictures here in the Netherlands... yet. Jeroen (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: Cowl Unit Prime Mover

Hello This is my first post here having lurked around for a while now, so now that my head is above the parapet – fire away! This is just a little MOC - appropriate for a first post – just pacing myself. (URL) have never liked the interior of the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(...) Hi Mark, great bridge! It looks good in white. Now all you need is a floating crane to put beside it when the roadway (railway?) collapses... ROSCO (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: SF Bay Bridge Old East Span v2 ready for TCA show

(URL) is capable of handling double track main line on the upper deck, unlike the real one where the Key System trains ran on the lower deck 'till the 50's. Red button at midspan (Rt handside) tower causes roadway collapse a-la '89 earthquake. Its (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Hey, Tim- I took your advice and moved the door-- I'll have pics after our upcoming show this weekend. Thanks again for the suggestion! JOHN (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  New Monorail System (MOC)

This monorail (URL) built with tracks from Snowmobile 8272 and the forthcoming Bullozer 8275. The Power Functions system (URL) allows IR remote control of the train. I found it runs smoother with these yellow wheels than with the smaller black ones (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk) !

  Eww... Steam Engines

I wasn't able to finish them 100% in time for the recent TexLUG meeting, but my Texas State Railroad steam locomotives are finally done. I've also updated my other two steam engine MOCs since last Lugnet saw them, so I took pictures of them as well. (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Hobby Train Preorder on S@H: K10183

Noticed on (URL) Brickset> they had the Hobby Train set listed as K10183. Checked on Shop At Home and sure enough, it's there and ready for preorder and shipping March 13 (though you can't get the other 29 instructions until LDD 2.0 comes out on (...) (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ACME Industries Factory

(...) Hey, that's cool. My first impression was that it reminded me of the cover of the Pink Floyd album Animals. I like the color variation of the red against the grey. Works really well. -Elroy (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  ACME Industries Factory

This MOC represents a typical early 20th century factory designed by architect [Albert Kahn]. Many such structures were built in Detroit and other cities. (URL) The light gray Lego represents reinforced concrete and the dark red is the brick infill (...) (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Track cleaners

(...) **grins** This is yet another reason why LEGO should have plastic track and motor boxes...easier to maintain that way! Play Well and Prosper! (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) :: snip :: (...) Thanks for your excellent suggestions and comments. I'll be building this model in a week or two and will plan to incorporate your suggestions, and any that I note, into the LDD file so that I can post a revision. And, I'll (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I've finally muddled my way through the build. I am not sure if I am the only person who has built this particular model, so I figured I'd leave my input. Overall the thing looks awesome. It is big....significantly larger than the Santa Fe from (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track cleaners

Erasers? Now I know what I should use to clean my tracks. Also, thanks for pointing out that the power comes from the sides and not the top; I would have been cleaning the wrong area. (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Does anyone have source reference material for Australian steam locomotives?

(...) Jonathan, The best thing to do is pop down to your local news agent and pickup a copy of AMRM (Australian Model Railway Magazine). Alot of specialist retails for model trains advertise in this mag. You proberly want books like By ways of (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track cleaners

(...) Neat cleaners! I've found that a single motor run around the track on full power for 10 mins or so is generally enough to get smooth running. But with worries about greenhouse gas emissions, I've been thinking about doing something that uses (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Track cleaners

(URL) Track cleaners (URL) Full Gallery> Out of a hatred of cleaning track, I've recently revised my track cleaner (the red one), then built second version (the yellow one). As I'll touch on in a moment, both are good, but neither is perfect. First, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) It is probably the contrast/brightness of the monitor I am using combined with the known use of Dark Green in the BNSF and an intense desire to get more parts in this color tricking me into a false sense of hope. (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) Yeah. The moment I saw it I knew I had to build it. It's just a great little freight vehicle. Not sure if it's authentic or prototypical to anything but itsel but it's still very neat. (...) Haha. Sorry. Much as I like the concept of Factory (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: old trainset 113

(...) hehehe, true true. What to do? Oil? What kind? Wax? Whatwhat? (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG display in Stellarton, NS March 10 and 11

NovaLUG (Nova Scotia LEGO Users Group) will be displaying at the (URL) Museum of Industry> in Stellarton, NS this Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and 11. We will have a 5 foot by 25 foot (URL) town/train layout>, and a display and demonstrations of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) I like it. I remember wanting one of those cars for my HO layout in the '70s. There have been a lot of designs posted recently using only the LEGO Factory palette and my first instinct when seeing your model was "That's Dark Green! Where is (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: old trainset 113

"Squeaky!" "Jan Folkersma" <janf@uwnet.nl> wrote in message news:JEL9Ju.CGG@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  old trainset 113

(URL) Recently I was lucky enough to obtain set 113 in very good condition, including the box. After solving the problem of finding rechargeable batteries to fit into the old blue batterybox, it's now running up and down my livingroom. I shot a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) Tim, you are just good. Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

--snip-- (...) Teehee. I just couldn't bring myself to pass up the opportunity and "USAF intermodal missile carrier" didn't quite have the same ring. (...) Thanks. I really like studless technic for flatcars. It looks really 'right' to me. Tim (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) well i can honestly say the subject had me worried untill i opened the email. this is a cool little moc. i love the wirey ness of it. ondrew (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Love Missile!

(...) Nice work! Note sure I like the new fin version over the old, though. Both are good, but I like the consistent fin thickness in the old. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Love Missile!

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Had me some fun working from a (URL) Bachmann> model. I've since changed the fin design on the missile from the thumbnail picture (the side view has the new version). The trailer can be removed from the flatbed although (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, FTX) !!

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Chuck, Sorry to hear of your difficulties building the model. That is one of the noted shortcomings of LEGO Factory - the instructions aren't too good. I have not put together instructions for that model, although I do have a LDRAW file (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I actually bought the engine off of lego factory. I am having a heck of a time with the instructions. If you could provide some guidance I would appreciate it!! Chuck (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Thanks, Tim. That's good advice. I'll see what I can do. JOHN (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact