 Trains / 28789
28788  |  28790
Subject:
Eww... Steam Engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:01:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I wasn’t able to finish them 100% in time for the recent TexLUG meeting, but my Texas State Railroad steam locomotives are finally done. I’ve also updated my other two steam engine MOCs since last Lugnet saw them, so I took pictures of them as well.

TSRR #300

Post Mod Gallery
Consolodation type (2-8-0)
Built in 6-wide
I’m especially proud of the way the stickers I printed turned out. They add a LOT to the plain black tender. The drive wheels on this locomotive are too large compared to the locomotive itself, but I’d rather use BBB wheels than try to build my own.

TSRR#500

Post Mod Gallery
Pacific type (4-6-2)
Built in 7-wide
I wasn’t able to match the green in the stickers as closely as I was with the Polar Express’ passenger cars (I was using a different printer), but I think they don’t look too bad. Since they aren’t waterslide it’s easy enough to replace. If you will recall, this is the locomotive that uses the really great idea of including the rear pair of lead truck wheels with the driving wheel set, which allows the engine to manage curves without using smaller wheels or pistons.

Sava Railways #805

Post Mod Gallery
American type (4-4-0)
Built in 6-wide
This is actually my American 4-4-0 but with a few updates. The biggest update is the addition of stickers and a number. Ever since he was born some 7 months ago, my son has been drawn to this locomotive, so I decided to number it after his birth day, August 5th (8-05).

Pere Marquette #1225

Post Mod Gallery
Berkshire type (2-8-4)
Built in 8-wide
I’ve totally overhauled my design for the #1225 - I’ve replaced plates with tiles, redesigned the lead truck, lengthened and redesigned the tender, curved the roof of the cab (blatently copied from Ross and John Neal’s Polar Express design), changed the smokestack design (stolen from Ben Beneke’s design), to name a few. To me it looks like an entirely different MOC.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome. I’d also like to thank Ben Fleskes for his amazing BBB wheels, without which, or his patience and support, I would never have been able to build these MOCs.

--Tony