 Trains / 23463 (-100)
  A Wedding & a Chruch

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I picked a few of my favorite sections. Feel free to move this if necessary. I'm getting married about 3 hours from now. For the occasion, I build a church scene in Miniland scale for the reception. I didn't have (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Only Two Weeks Left to Pre-Register for NWBrickCon™ 2004!

Don't miss out on your opportunity to save money and get exclusive goodies! If you register (and pay) by October 1st, you will get the entire Attendees Packet, including Name Badge. Plus there are items we are putting in the packets that only (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ has Updated its Website!

I am pleased to announce that we have updated our website to simplify its navigation and have added several features: • Who's Coming? Click on the link and you will know! • What's Happening? Click on the calendar and ceck it out day by day! • Can (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  A San Francisco Street - complete with hill and houses

Hi all, Following on the construction of a (URL) San Francisco Victorian>, I decided to build an entire San Francisco street. It is of course built on a hill, and includes three complete Victorians, and one under construction. Each of the houses has (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Having had a look at your pictures I can see what you mean, you have used the hole in 2x3 magnnet holder AND the stud on the top to give strength (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Sure it can be done, but it is very uncommon. I seriously doubt that any wall-wart (even very good ones) do it. I have a very high quality wall-wart. It puts out 2A at 3 to 24V, is very stable at the whole range from very little to full load (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) A friend did the mistake for me... but I had to repair a few of his RCXs! The connector he used to plug an external supply was prone to be shorted (on RCX side) when he unplugged it. It was only several fuses later that we understood the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Not nearly impossible. It just requires a little more intelligence be put into the power supply. All the regulated power supplies my company produces contain a circuit called a down programmer. This circuits job is to discharge the filter (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Thanks for pointing that out, Philo. I think I'll stick to the non-hopped up version! :-) (...) Hopefully you didn't find this out the hard way... Mark (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) It is nearly impossible to build a power supply that puts out the rated voltage when there is no load. Most will put out too high a voltage (like you have seen), some just shut down. To meassure the voltage of a PS, shorten it with a 1000 Ohm (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Indeed, the input capacitor of the RCX is rated 10V, so I would not do that for a too long time. This 1000µF capacitor, used to keep memory during battery exchange, is directly connected to RCX board supply input. By the way, this capacitor is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) You need to check the voltage while the PS is under load. Pretty much every power supply puts out more when the load is low or nothing. Has to do with loads of factors, but mostly quality of the PS (and (thus) internal resistance of the PS) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) On a marginally related note, does someone out there have the equipment to accurately test the output voltage of some typical dc power supplies like the one used for this external ps? I tested every ps I could find in my house (probably 20 or (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  RCX 2.0 Power Supply

I've crossposted to .trains because this will be useful for those wanting to run LDCC with an RCX 2. Hi All, I've posted some photos on Brickshelf of an external power supply for the RCX 2. The nice part about the design is that program memory is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Speed and Master Build Contests

The ISD Speed Build has been done. And Done. And DONE! We in the Great NorthWest are going to present a new challenge. An open competition speed build - each contestant alone. No teamwork, no committee, no sharing of the glory - or the prizes! Here (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle) !!

  Great Edmonton Train Show (GETS) this weekend

This weekend, Sept 18 & 19th The Great Edmonton Train Show is being held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. If you are in the neighborhood drop by and check out NALUG's display this year. The show is being held at the Mayfield Inn Trade Center, 16615-109 (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Tim, I believe the practice with such systems is to cross the chains, which would reduce the sag on curves somewhat. (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

Mind you, having had a look at my prototype again, it seems it used a centre buffer and side chains, the problem with that of course, is that for Lego 'corners' the chains would have to be so long they would drag on the track! Tim (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I had considered the problem of relying on the friction of the axles/pegs. My thoughts were that the magnet to magnet join would actually be the weak link, although the coupling assembly might pull apart a little at a time with use. Presumably (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) That's right. The problem with that is you're relying on the strength of the axle and peg friction in order not to pull the couplings apart. With 12-wide stock there's some serious weight to pull! Also, your magnet holder is likely to rotate, (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego Train sets spotted in Historic Rail catalog

I get a catalog from Historic Rail (www.historicrail.com) They are a seller of railroad books, art, and memorabilia. They have in the past featured a small selection of HO scale (and other scale models). I just got their latest catalog and they (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Nicely done, it looks realy authentic. (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Like this? (URL) It looks pretty simple an effective, you get just a little bit of movement on the coupling shoe pivot but not enough to cause jack-knifing. The problem from my point of view is that its too wide, I am looking for something (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I have used various methods, including the magnet holder mentioned above, though the method below is the best one for long overhangs: Parts required: Two Technic plates 2x4 with holes (3709b). (URL) One K3 black elastic band, 18mm diameter, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Hi Philippe, You're welcome & thanks! Perhaps Lenz decoders are more readily available where you live? They have some pretty small ones on their site here: (URL) The answer to your other question is "sort of". Most decoders have a DC (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Thanks, Eric! Not sure I can take credit for "monkey motor", though. I think I heard that phrase (or one very similar) used somewhere else. I'm not sure. That would be cool if it caught on - it's sorta fun, like you say! :-) (...) I'll look (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Cool design, gets the job done. I also wanted to say thanks for saying Monkey Motor. Its fun like that. Question, I haven't checked yet; did you add this to the Building Instructions Portal? Great post, thanks! (URL) e> (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Excellent insights and explanations, Mark -thank you. "...the whole unit flys up and back and just lays there pathetically where it happened to land." LOL Man, I've been there. It's sad, but funny at the same time. It's like these contraptions (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Hi Ed, Thanks, glad you like the design. If you count the number of posts I've made about DCC in the forums, you'll see I'm pretty excited, too! :-) It's hit-or-miss when using the full 9V when operating the switches. Sometimes it holds (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) ... (...) Hello Mark, All I want to say right now is THANK YOU Mark. Again a very good shot. Now I am lurking around for useless "monkey" motors in the stock :-) The other point is to find Digitrax decoders around here. Can we still use a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Animation Film Festival

This year, there will once again be a NWBrickCon™ animation competition hosted by Seth Rotkin at (URL). The interest level, both in the animation community and the general LEGO® community, is higher than ever before. LEGO® animatiors have been asked (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Hi Mark - Great design, and the DCC stuff pointed out later in this thread is exciting. I'm curious - your switch designs seem to be updated from time to time to get a better base connection between the switch track itself and the motor, so (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Oh My Goodness! I didn't even think of that! I've modified all my switches to have both sides powered, but gettting a 9v wire out to a DCC enabled switch motor--that's extraordinarily (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Yep, that's correct. With LDCC you will be able to configure the power as well as the stroke duration (somewhere around 0.1 to 0.2 seconds). Right now, LACC can control stroke duration, but not power, so I'll be modifying LACC for non-smart (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) OK, thanks for the reminder! It sounds like maybe if you DCC-ise it, you would want the control program to issue non full power commands then? (...) I wish we could get track connectors and wires in bulk at good prices. (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Glad you like them! (...) No, all that is required is a standard unmodified switch. The motor has more than enough torque to throw the switch. In fact, I recommend that you feed a lower voltage to the motor as the motorized switch may(1) (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Be aware - it is out there. :( (URL) :) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) (snip) Thanks for the update! Nice job on the renders for the instructions, by the way... Question: does this require switch modification to de-stiffenize the mechanism? Also I assume that this motor is DCC-able using the technique you (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I hadn't seen these, I'll have to experiment, thanks for idea. I actually must have a couple somewhere as I have a 8001 Battle Droid. I had thought of these (URL) 2609 Magnet Holder Tile 2 x 2 but I couldn't see a way of attaching them (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) I don't doubt the colour change in the train, but has anyone actually seen the new dark grey in any track pieces from TLC yet? Jason Railton (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

Hi All, Here's an update of one of my (URL) earlier> motorized switch designs. This design utilizes the new-style monkey(1) motor instead of the traditional Technic mini motor: (URL) Building diagrams can be found at my BrickShelf folder: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Have you considered using this part?: (URL) 2607 Magnet Holder 2 x 3 They are not expensive, and available on Brickshelf in large quantities. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

I am currently designing some long four wheeled vehicles ((URL) for example) and am having problems with the coupling design. Because of the long overhangs the couplings need to be mounted on an arm that can pivot to allow the coupling to be more (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Hi, fine, you will get an oldgray 4511 with oldgray track-circle, cause it's launched and produced in 2003 plus 2 newgray 10158s and 8 newgray straights. What a garbage! Hope this set will never be sold in Germany. Regards Ronald (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Juan, all the sets are now avalible in the US through S@H. There is also a Delux High Speed train kit now, which includes 2 extra cars and 8 straight track, in addition to the basic set. (3 URLs) Mat (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) I would never buy K4519, as I said, no one wants an extra box of curves. David (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

(...) I'll talk to the Independent Toy Dealer (ITD) group about this ASAP. In the meantime, if you have a local retailer that you think would be a good bet for the ITD group to contact, email me the name of the store and any contact info/location (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

(...) Interesting set. I'm curious about the "only independent stores will be allowed to order this" comment. Anyone have any guesses if LEGO Train Clubs might be able to order some to sell at shows? At the $80 price point, that's almost in the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

As seen first on (2 URLs) Click for larger photo. (1) The Ultimate First Train Set: the 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train! Here is the ultimate train kit! A very rare official set that you will be hard pressed to find anywhere else! We (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) Can I suggest that the cross track kit be made like set 159 (blue rails), having a pack of straights included with the crossing? Perhaps, to cut the cost of the set, the number of straights would be 2, if that is the minimum necessary for use (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Announcing the NWBrickCon™ 2004 Dirty Brickster Event

The Dirty Brickster is a fun and exciting event where each participant contributes a LEGO® related item worth approximately $10.00. Each contribution is wrapped to hide the contents from other participants. Each participant receives a number and the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) KEWL! Like this?: (URL) ;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) Actually, we were thinking of changing our name to a symbol... -Matt :) TNHOTLTCFKAPNLTC and TSHOTLTCFKAPNLTC ---...--- www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles Matt Chiles 1006 Horseshoe Bend Rd Centerville, WA 98613 USA Phone: 509-773-5724 (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) Seems a shame to retire such an illustrious name. Hmmm... How about: PNNLTC (PN North LTC) PNSLTC (PN South LTC) or PNWALTC (PN Washington LTC) PNORLTC (PN Oregon LTC) or PNSEALTC (PN Seattle LTC) PNPORLTC (PN Portland LTC) or PNLTCN (PNLTC (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) I will take them, what do you want for the box including shipping? -- Don GtwLUG St. Louis (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Inspiration found at Brickfest

(URL) few things-- Going to do the patented 'Derek Water' thing on the lowered section (when I get enuf blue 1xn's to do it...) Derek won't like the usage of those old dirty white bricks, but I think it adds character. Some of those white bricks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) A more serious problem with K4519 is that you are left with 8 - a whole box of curves - whan you have built the suggested layout. They forget that you get 2 curves in a box of points/turnouts. Who wants an extra box of curved track! I have (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: <snip> At any rate, as Steve mentioned, we've enjoyed every minute as PNLTC and truly look forward to operating as two entities with a shared heritage. Dan Parker, Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club founding member (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Sears Wishbook is out, coolest looking set MegaBloks

(...) As it turns out, I've come upon this kit at a local TRU. The steam engine is indeed $49.99 and looks to be 14 wide, unless I miscounted. I know nothing of trains, but if a train-head happens to see the set, I'd be interested to hear a more (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) I just passed this (very good) comment on to the legoshop.com team. I've heard back that this is on their to-do list and they're working on improving it. Thanks for the heads up! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Loco

(...) Jake has replied here : (URL) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) Sort of. Usually, a railroad would be merged with another and it would become a part of the larger one, or the two would form a railroad with a new name. For example, Southern Pacific was merged with Union Pacific and the name Union Pacific (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Loco

(...) Jake answered over in FBTB ((URL) that the new train isn't his MOC, but he is aware that some of his "design elements" were incorporated. -Bryan (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Loco

(...) I don't remember Jake saying anything at BrickFest to imply that the 10133 was designed by him or even inspired by his work. Looking at a picture of the 10133: (URL) And a picture of the locomotive from Jake's book: (URL) They do appear to (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) I guess this makes the PNLTC the first of the L-gauge fallen flags.(1) May there be prosperity in division. Cheers, KMaynes 1- A modeller's reference to a railroad no longer in operation. Like the Nickel Plate Road or the Allegheny Midland. ;) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  10133 BNSF Loco

Is this the same locomotive (I mean the design) from Jake's Getting started with Lego Trains book? I am assuming it is his MOC? Just curious, I asked this earlier with no replies. Hope someone can elucidate this time! - Ram - (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) Good luck indeed. So, any thinking on new names yet? (May I suggest, not particularly seriously, SPNLTC and NPNLTC ? :-) ) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Placement of light on old steam trains

(...) It depends on which company and in which country the train ran. In the past every country and even every company in a single country had different rules for the front and rear lights. I know for the dutch royal coaches that these were equipped (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

(...) Wow, this is big news! It will be a little sad to see the original LTC disappear (even if in name only), but an exciting development all the same. Good luck to both clubs! JOHN (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Placement of light on old steam trains

Hi! I have build a luggage car, which I am finishing right now... but I'd like to place a rear light on it, but back then, it was oil lamps, and one only (on some trains?). E.g. the 10014 has it (URL) on both sides. I am not sure, whether the light (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs

Hi All, After seven fun-filled years of working, sharing, and building together, PNLTC has decided to become two separate clubs. When we first started the club in 1997, it was necessary for all hands in the Pacific Northwest to participate in order (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(rearranged, a little cutting, a little tucking, you know...) (...) Well NOW it is. So XFUTted.. :-) (...) Are you scaring my "what" yet? :-) No, I'm not scared. Shocked and awed maybe, in utter amazement at your 1337ness perhaps, but scared? Na... (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) (URL) that's not close enough to your request, then I guess I'll go order those 1.5 volt LEDs and only use 1 battery, instead of 2. That way you can fit it on a stud from the bottom. Now, what about this larratomically correct lantern??? Am I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 is great to modify

(...) Joe, Your looking for a supplier of light bricks? I too have modified my 4512 to have working red lights. It is a bit cheeky but I sent an e-mail to lego UK customer services, They offer a no charge service for supplying a couple of spare (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Lego Services.....

(...) Thanks for the response Simon. Yeah, this probably doesn't belong in lugnet.trains, but Simon's question is about a train locomotive (yeah I know it's a model, not a working train). But his question is about, you guessed it.... black train (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Lego Services.....

(...) hey guy/gals, i don't mean to be mean but this thread really doesn't belong in lugnet.trains. please adjust the news groups. ondrew (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Lego Services.....

(...) I think this is an excellent idea, but for every person who needs all the rare parts surely there are more who, like me, have the set but have lost only one or two of those parts. I have been looking on and off for several years for the black (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Costume Ball

(URL) Ladies and Gentlemen of LUGNET, Whether you are attending NWBrickcon™ 2004 or not, you are cordially invited to the sig-fig costume ball! The event will be held in the grand mini-fig ballroom at NWBrickcon™. Bring or send your mini-fig avatar (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Haunted Mansion Module Contest!

NWBrickCon™ 2004 CONTEST!! In support of this year's NWBrickCon™ ocurring on Halloween, we are going to have a contest. Using the techniqes of Moonbase and Castle, we are going to build a modular Haunted Mansion. Each module will represent one room (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Future Lego Services.....

(...) A followup to the original post..... There were some other additional supplemental sets I was thinking on offering, such as supplemental accessories for making the new classic Lego sets (like the new USS Constellation model, new Main Street (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  cogracar

hi The Cogracar is a special vehicle for transport of great dimensions in double railway lines. The main element is constituted by a platform which seats in two wagons that deslocates paralell, each one of them towed by a locomotive. The Cogracar is (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Future Lego Services.....

I have been getting a lot of requests recently about old sets on EBAY, or old sets that folks may already own. And sometimes I tell the people to avoid the set because the parts are not original. Here is an example in the Lugnet data base for (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Delaware LTC interest?

This is just a quick message to see if there's any interest in starting a Lego® Train Club in Delaware. If there are other AFOL's in the Delaware area, reply to this thread and we can discuss ideas and details ... Thanks, Robert (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.us.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 is great to modify

(...) You want this: [LEGOSet 3748] (a bit expensive) Available from S@H or Bricklink. The bulb and lens also available separately from Bricklink, I think. I too want to get a couple for use as headlights in my Technic cars. Keith (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512 is great to modify

(...) Where'd you get the lights and short wires? I just placed an order at Dacta (oops, I mean LEGO Education) for two 1x2 light bricks for $10, and so far, that's the only source for them I've found (apart from homebuilt jobs). Sounds like you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512 is great to modify

This mod also ocurred to me the instant I saw the red lens in the package. My nest step is to use an function output from the dcc decoder to control the front and rear lights independently. It really makes the train look great. Especially when you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  4512 is great to modify

I got a 4512 Cargo Train yesterday. It's my second train set, and I really like it. It derails on tight curves, though, but then you wouldn't expect a cargo train to be flying down the track anyway. I noticed while building the engine that it was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) 25% is a far higher rate of VAT than you actually pay anywhere in Europe. Tax considerations do narrow the price difference, but there's still a difference. There's also the problem that the dollar is pretty weak compared to the Euro, so if (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general) !

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) Well, if our government would raise the VAT to 25% the current demostrations would turn into a full-scale revolution... I have no clue who charges 25% VAT, but here it is 16%. (...) Or EUR 37,58 at 16% VAT. Besides, AFAIK, this set is made in (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

Here is my take on the math USD - 40 in EUR approx 32.40 EUR. BUT in USA taxes are on top, in Europe, ~25% VAT is included so 40.63 EUR would be the VAT INCLUDED PRICE. SO the price seems to make sense no?? (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

In lugnet.lego, Erik Amzallag wrote: <snipped a bit> (...) Same problem here in Portugal. It becomes more and more difficult to find Lego sets at supermarkets. And we only have a few of them (We don't have Targets, K-Mart, Well-Mart, etc). Even TRU (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  My Own Train - Special Offer

In celebration of BrickFest, Shop At Home North American has asked me to extend a special offer to the AFOLs. They are offering specials on the My Own Train (MOT) cars: Buy one or more kit and get 20% off 10013 - Open Freight Wagon 10014 - Caboose (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Storage/Travel box for large base plate MOCs

A few folks at BrickFest had asked about the storage boxes that I used to transport my buildings, so here is the scoop. These boxes are just right for MOCs built on the large grey base plates, they fit perfect in the bottom with about 1 studs to (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) Hi Jake Thanks for the presentation of the next train set (although the presentation at BF was too late for me in the night), but I'm very disappointed by the announce of the correct price :-( As Gael, I'd like to react. Yes, we know that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

(...) Hi, It was with a great pleasure that we watch the streaming on Saturday from BF. Quite late here in France, as it was 11:30pm. It was another great surprise to see that prices between Europe and USA were following the Euro/$ rate. This update (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  UPDATE: New locomotive pricing

All, Many apologies, but it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake in my keynote about the pricing on the new locomotive, 10133. The correct prices are: USD 39.99 (as mentioned in the keynote) EURO 39.99 (rather than the 29.99 EURO I had (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  BrickFest Train Layout

I want to first say that I had a great time at BrickFest! Second I want to thank all the people that helped make the train layout so spectacular, with out everyone’s help and cooperation it would have never worked out so well. For the record, the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Calling All Presenters - Help Make NWBrickCon™ 2004 Great!!

Call for Presentations at NWBrickCon™ 2004 Some of the many activities at NWBrickCon™ 2004 will be opportunities to share your knowledge and experiences, and to learn from each other. So, we would like to open an invitation to all individuals, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) Uh-oh. I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. I was only expressing my hopes. I do not know of any planned freight cars from TLC. But as is the case with the SuperChief: matching cars could very well be coming next year. But like I said: (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Locomotive Pictures from BF 2004

(...) Everyone, please remember that this is a PROTOTYPE only, the real set may look a bit different. For example, the dark green parts will actually be dark green, instead of spraypainted. :P Kevin (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact