 Trains / 23396
Re: Placement of light on old steam trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:48:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi!

I have build a luggage car, which I am finishing right now... but I'd like to
place a rear light on it, but back then, it was oil lamps, and one only (on some
trains?).
E.g. the 10014 has it
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10014
but on both sides.

I am not sure, whether the light should the on right side (which I feel is
right), or the left side (which seems to be logic - when driving in the right
side, the light should be in the opposite). Still, right seems right to me...
like here
But the next car has it on the left side?

Anyone knows about this?

It depends on which company and in which country the train ran. In the past
every country and even every company in a single country had different rules for
the front and rear lights.
I know for the dutch royal coaches that these were equipped with several hooks
and connectors to be able to carry the rear signs and lights in many foreign
countries.

Niels