 Trains / 23402
Re: PNLTC dividing into two autonomous LEGO train clubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:40:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Maynes wrote:

   I guess this makes the PNLTC the first of the L-gauge fallen flags.(1)

Sort of. Usually, a railroad would be merged with another and it would become a part of the larger one, or the two would form a railroad with a new name. For example, Southern Pacific was merged with Union Pacific and the name Union Pacific was retained. Burlington Northern and Sante Fe merged to become the BNSF, or Burlington Northern Sante Fe.

In the PNLTC’s case, the club GREW into 2 separate entities, so the “fallen flag” idea doesn’t quite apply IMO. If the PNLTC joined with the BayLTC and they formed the NWLTC or kept one of the two original names, then I’d agree.

   May there be prosperity in division.

I think that there already was prosperity in division, and that is one of the reasons why they divided.

JOHN