 Trains / 23367
23366  |  23368
Subject:
BrickFest Train Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:00:19 GMT

I want to first say that I had a great time at BrickFest! Second I want to thank
all the people that helped make the train layout so spectacular, with out
everyone’s help and cooperation it would have never worked out so well. For the
record, the layout right at 100’ long with a mainline that spanned over 250’. We
had two trains running on the mainline, plus  6 local loops all running at the
same time. We had 11 clubs represented with banners engines and rolling stock, 9
club sections made up the massive layout, plus things got a bit crowded in the
train room due to the overwhelming number of great train/town MOCs that were
brought to BrickFest.

All of this made a great showing for the theme of Train & Town at BrickFest; you
couldn’t help but be amazed. I know the public on Sunday was blown away by
everyone’s efforts.

Also congratulations to this year’s winners in the Train & Town contest, I know
the judges had a very hard time picking the winners; Lewis Valentine did a great
job of putting the contest together.

Thanks again for everyone’s hard work and commitment to excellence in promoting
the hobby of LEGO railroading.

jt