 Trains / 23405
Re: Sears Wishbook is out, coolest looking set MegaBloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Gail Meagher wrote:

The thing that caught my eye was a MegaBloks set on the next page.  A
large steam engine with the following blurb:

Thanks for the info!  If you see the set on store shelves, please let us know.

As it turns out, I've come upon this kit at a local TRU.  The steam engine is
indeed $49.99 and looks to be 14 wide, unless I miscounted.  I know nothing of
trains, but if a train-head happens to see the set, I'd be interested to hear a
more informed opinion.

Also at that same TRU was the USS Enterprise.  It looks even cooler in person
than in Bill Connick's very helpful preview pics:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/clone-brands/?n=2273

No other new sets on the shelf that I saw, but the search continues.

Dave!