 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2281
Re: Sears Wishbook is out, coolest looking set MegaBloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:19:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Gail Meagher wrote:
Greetings,

The Sears Wishbook arrived on my doorstep today (Sears Canada yearly
large Christmas mail order catalog).  Three pages of LEGO sets, but no
large exclusive Technic sets this year.  Only 8434 ($49.99) and 8435
($69.99).  Had the motorized Hogwarts ($149.99).  Other than that seemed
fairly common sets.

The thing that caught my eye was a MegaBloks set on the next page.  A
large steam engine with the following blurb:

9778 Steam Express
Pro Builder  Master Series
- classic steam engine design with matte and chrome colour finish blocks
and special parts
- windows and roof can be opened to display steam engine cockpit
- train track base for display
- real working whistle bell and sound effects
- batteries included
- approx. 1500 pieces
- 24" l. x 6" high
- ages 10 years and up
- $79.99

Note, it is a Canadian catalogue, so that is in Canadian dollars.
Probably be about $50 to $55 US.  Hard to tell but it looks to be 8 or
10 wide.  Snot building on the front.  Looks very nice.

Hi Gail!
   I stumbled across this set online recently and mentioned it to our LUGNET
train-fans here: http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=23177  I think you're right
about the $50US guess--it'll retail for about $49.99, give or take.

Thanks for the info!  If you see the set on store shelves, please let us know.

Dave!