 Trains / 21525
21524  |  21526
Subject:
1830 style loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:29:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:Ho1H66.Bx3@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Now, I'm off to the basement... gotta build me a little something.

A steam engine perhaps?

Perhaps...

Once moderated:

Some deeplinks (crank through the numbers from 1078 through 1089)

overall:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1079.jpg

3/4 rear view: (no tender)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1081.jpg
and with tender:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1082.jpg

the driver in all its glory:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1088.jpg

underside:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1087.jpg
(I didn't bother with syncronizing gears but I could have)

backhead with tender removed:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/SneakPeeks/1830/dscn1089.jpg

That little early days loco (it's got some Rocket, some Stourbridge Lion, some
DeWitt Clinton, and others, in it) is not exactly what I really wanted to build
first but I started playing around with how the drivers work together and I just
stuck a few of the 3x3 rounds that we USED to use for drivers on it and voila,
it was bursting to come out. Now that it's captured I am going to use the wheels
for something else.

Note that this is a static model, as I didn't figure out the piston linkages
very well, that part is all fake.