 Trains / 20224
Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:00:28 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:
LEGO has supplied the ILTCO with detailed photos of the new 10028 Level
Crossing.  The ILTCO is pleased to be able to share these exciting images
with the community of train fans worldwide. Check out the ILTCO exclusive
sneak peek of these new sets by visiting the ILTCO home page at our
temporary URL (http://iltco.northcomp.com)[1] and viewing them for yourself.

Wow, there's got to be maybe eight usable elements in that set...

Hmm, I count quite a few more:

- 4 stairs
- 4 extreme low slopes
- 3 inverse slope windows
- trans smoke windshield
- 9 each red and white cylinders
- 16 technic pins to connect cylinders
- decent looking crossing signs (though it would be nice to resurect the
crossbucks from the 12v level crossing...)
- ~13 fences
- Several nice printed parts
- 2 pieces of straight track (perhaps even three if someone realizes how
stupid it looks with only 2).
- green 16x32 baseplate
- roadplate (I kind of like the new roadplates, and most of us can't
afford to brickscape an entire layout)
- I actually like the new curved pieces (hmm, perhaps John Neil could
make nice 12 wide train cars with very subtle rounded roofs with
them...)

And more. Heck, I think I count more than 8 basic bricks.

I'll wait to find it on clearance at 75% off.

You know, for all the reaction LEGO gets from train sets here, perhaps
they should just stop making train sets...

I get really tired of the immediate "oh that's a load of *****"

Personally, I think it's a pretty nice design. It's been a long time
since we've had a pedestrian overpass (hmm, is this the first one in a
9v set?). As Adrian mentioned, the new computer screen is nice (and can
be used for either a flat panel or a traditional monitor). So what if
the maintenance truck is a bit of a re-hash, there isn't one available
right now (and really, most of them have been somewhat of re-hashes).

Of course the level crossing sets tend to look a little odd to us
americans because of a couple factors:

- In most cases, our crossing gates don't cross the whole road, just
half the road
- I'm not sure if I've ever seen a crossing in the US that has any sort
of shack

Frank