 Trains / 20212
Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 13:35:23 GMT

At least it looks better than the World City train station and crane sets...

My wife asked me if there were any new sets that I would like for my
birthday. So I took another good at the new train station and crane set. I
came to the conclusion that the station is one of the ugliest sets I have
seen (and I did not add it to my Lego "wish list".).

It might be good for parts, but it just does not look good. Give me standard
slopes any day over all those curved sections.

And the crane set is a rehash. Plain and simple.

While Juniorized, the older red 4556 simply looks better than the new yellow
station. My 2 1/2 year old daughter *loves* 4556. She calls it her "pizza
house."

Here is what I like about the new 10028 -
* It continues to show that Lego is behind the train line.
* It is another train accessory in the "industrial" style (the 10027 shed
being "industrial" as well)
* The bridge, while simplistic, is pretty neat
* The level crossing signage
* The computer terminal slopes and tiles are very sharp
* I don't like the roof, but that can easily be fixed with a plate and a few
antenna and other items that belong on a roof.

I'll wait to find it on clearance at 75% off.

It will be interesting to see where this will be available. Retail?? Shop at
Home exclusive?

Bryan

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh wrote:
LEGO has supplied the ILTCO with detailed photos of the new 10028 Level
Crossing.  The ILTCO is pleased to be able to share these exciting • images
with the community of train fans worldwide. Check out the ILTCO • exclusive
sneak peek of these new sets by visiting the ILTCO home page at our
temporary URL (http://iltco.northcomp.com)[1] and viewing them for • yourself.

Wow, there's got to be maybe eight usable elements in that set...

I'll wait to find it on clearance at 75% off.

JohnG, GMLTC