 Trains / 20213
Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 13:47:58 GMT

After looking at the pictures, I can say that I wont be buying one, mainly
because there isnt anything in it that I have a use for (except mabie some
of the printed computer parts)

As to why it is what it is:
1.Limits on just what pieces Lego Direct can get (for example, its likely
that the choice of roadplate was made because thats whats available right
now and for example, the trans-element on top of the vechicle was probobly
used because it was available)

2.a desire to make it "fit" with the rest of the "world city" trains and
police line (hence the use of some of the curved elements and the
trans-smoke and so on)

and 3.a desire to appeal more to the target market. This set and, say, the
engine shed are clearly aimed at different target markets.