 Trains / 10604
  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Eric, (...) next to the LEGO one are really helpful, especially for train novices like me! : ) (...) Hey, I don't think LEGO is coming out with a Boston & Maine train line anytime soon. : ) I think it adds that realistic flare to the model. Where do (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Followups to lugnet.trains I have posted pictures of my GP40-2 with Caboose on my web page. I have slowly been changing my mind on stickers and decals over the last few months and I can now say that I definitely like stickers and decals when the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Ya, this looks really good. The stickers DO add a lot. My critiques/nitpicks of an otherwise excellent model: 2 plates may not be quite thick enough for the frame/floor. (yes, they are proportionally correct but an exaggerated thickness may be (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Ah, figured as much. I did not have a lot of chances to look around at GATS last time, but I might this time, especially for some local train companies here (GT and the CNN (Canadian one) (...) Cool! (...) Ah, the fun of those stickers. I (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Thanks! (...) Well I got these stickers at NELUG's most recent train show from a dealer there. The stickers themselves are put out by MICROSCALE INDUSTRIES, INC. Quick Google Search... (URL) item I used was 48-518. Like I said these are (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Nice work. I'll chime in on Larry's nits. I think the nose should be flat on top too. The frame looks good at two plates, but on one side the frame is actually thicker than the other (URL) middle of the frame on the blower housing side is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) I actually kind of like the porportions as they are although I do agree with Chris Masi that the floor should be thicker around the blower housing and in blue. Seeing that I am Blue Tile and Blue Plate rich at the moment I will probably add (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Well nits mean a lot to me and often make light of something I simply missed the first time. Anyway I updated the model and the pictures on my site: (URL) flattened the nose and I put in the raised walkway around the Blower Housing. I think (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Followups here too because I thought the whole sticker discussion is surely a general thing, and I'm really curious to see what others think of stickers I'm *really* warming up to them lately. I've been tempted (especially after getting a 8448) to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

One last nitpick... Consider separating the fuel tank from the frame, somehow, so that it is not apparently directly attached to the white part of the floor. There should be an air gap there. Many other models have belly tanks and there is an air (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Well I think you know how I stand now :-). I do understand the other side of the debate though because up until about 7 or 8 months ago I was strongly in the anti-sticker camp. I didn't even think LEGO stickers should be used. In some cases I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) only thing that I don't like to do is paint or cut LEGO bricks, but to each his own. Chris (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Years ago, I used to always use the Lego stickers. But one day I realized that I don't have to put on the stickers unless doing so actually added something to the _piece_. I generally don't care if it adds something to the _model_ because I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  ....stickers

I like to use stickers for logo-ing, and only when it can't be done in elements. Like the Americanna store logos are done in brick because there is a large area. I never use stickers for striping (except maybe on train doors), or use stickers for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? ++Lar (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Steve and I conversed breifly on this related subject recently, as I was inquiring about the stickers on set 400 at www.bricworx.com: My question of him: "The instructions look quite detailed, but I'm curious about whether you've included (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

Ed covered part of it. As I outlined my personal point-of-view of stickers in the last post, it was hard to decide what to offer. Our personal tastes may not always align with what's best overall for a model design. And there are the perceptions of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)