 Trains / *5769 (-20)
  Re: Rough Draft: Hiawatha Engine

Hey Mike-- Nice start and a fine choice to model! We at the GMLTC plan to have the Hiawatha as our signature passenger train. I am currently smack dab in the middle of my taxes (:( so I can't devote much time now but to say this: If you can get your (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: putting a 9v motor in 7722?

(...) Have fun building from Andy (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interested in Starting a Southern Cal LTC

(...) This sounds great! I'm new to LEGO trains and only came out of my dark ages a year ago, but I would love to help with a display as well as the formation of an LTC (or preferably a more general LUG). I live in San Diego county. Can't wait to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed

(...) Right. If it is wrong, I'm wrong too, as I have a much lower shed like appurtenance on the side of the car shop I did in blue/grey on the GMLTC yard module. I tend to agree, offices may well be single story while the main car or engine house (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  voltage question??

Hello I just got a box of Lego.. Yeah Yeah so what you may think.... OK OK... I got a question... in the box was some train stuff and what suspect to be a train motor... the motor block is blue with a black bas and is twelve studds long and 4 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed

(...) That part is intended as an office room or so I thought; perhaps Lar can shed <sorry> some light on it's function. I was modeling from a few protos from a Walther's catalog-- perhaps I can get a few scans. -John (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed

John N uttered: (...) other sides of the shed. At the suggestion of some off-line folk, I added a circular window in the front. I hope to locate some of those arches in red soon. (...) John, what strikes me as funny is the side door is _much_ too (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'

(...) (by british standards 2.3 studs is long-nosed, all right.... but the Alco PA-1 is the Jimmy Durante of noses among diesels, I'd say. Or maybe the DL-109 :-) ) (...) I'd say your SNOT is *definitely* up to snuff. This is a very nice model and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Rough Draft: Hiawatha Engine

Hi! This is my rough attempt at a Engine of the Hiawatha. I have not been able to figure out what colors this engine was because i have been only able to find B&W pictures of this train. Any help would be appeciated. Go to: (URL) Click on the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'

(...) any (...) A Lego class 37 would tax the best among us - all those arched bonnets, roof sections and cab windows, It's one model I would love to see (if not build). This is about the closest I've seen to a 37 in Lego, but I do not think it is (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows

(...) these (...) Hi Mark, very interesting news, but I fear this is just a problem in reading these kind of old building instruction Lego used for a short period in the early 70ies.... These instructions show all new added items in colour, but the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'

(...) It looks like a Class 35 Hymek locomotive, maybe a Baby Deltic (now extinct). I really like the white poles on the doors - that's a new idea. It's not long enough for a Class 37 Growler - it's also not a Co-Co. I haven't looked at any Peaks (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Long nosed diesel'

Is it meant to be any particular class. It can't be a deltic or a 37, but the nose is very evocative of those designs. Nicholas Allan "Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:Ft4JDA.2GE@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed

(...) Pretty basic, actually. I took a few more pics showing the doors and the other sides of the shed. At the suggestion of some off-line folk, I added a circular window in the front. I hope to locate some of those arches in red soon. (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'

I have posted pictures of my latest locomotive creation based loosely on British prototype long-nosed diesels. (URL) borrows heavily from James Mathis' DB139 green locomotive. After first recreating his model I modified it to create the model shown (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Red 1/4 Curves

Hi Mark I have 2 of these i could spare if your interested, the only thing is i am in Germany, but if interested get in touch with me. Paul (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interested in Starting a Southern Cal LTC

Although I am not really in SoCal, I am not as far as the rest of the train guys from the BayLTC. I don't think I can get my town layout done in time to offer to bring it, but I might be able to loan some rolling stock and maybe even a building or (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which sets had bogie plates in red?

(...) Oh. D'oh! Well, I was never big on the terminology for trains... -Shiri (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which sets had bogie plates in red?

Hi Jon, The red bogie plates are one reason why the 7750 is so valuable, they appeared in no other set and as far as I know were never available as a spare part. The other rare pieces are the 1x1x2 black windows and red quarter circle macaroni (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Interested in Starting a Southern Cal LTC

For many months now, Sean Nealon and I have been thinking of creating a Southern CA LTC. We first met at the Legofest in 1999. What we hope to achieve, albeit a short notice, is an entrance in this year's Del Mar Fair, just a few miles from LL-CA. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact