 Trains / 5586
Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:
I have posted pictures of my latest locomotive creation based loosely on
British prototype long-nosed

(by british standards 2.3 studs is long-nosed, all right.... but the Alco PA-1
is the Jimmy Durante of noses among diesels, I'd say. Or maybe the DL-109 :-) )

diesels.

http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/moc/trains/index.html

It borrows heavily from James Mathis' DB139 green locomotive. After first
recreating his model I modified it to create the model shown above.

Thanks to James for the inspiration and getting my SNOT techniques up to
speed.

I'd say your SNOT is *definitely* up to snuff. This is a very nice model and
captures the spirit of the prototypes rather well, right down to the somewhat
bulldoggish flat front nose. Pity that the windshield is rather a rare part.

For now anyway. :-)

Can you tell us more about how you did the vertical handrails on either side of
the crew doors? That's a nice touch.

All in all, VERY nice eurotrash. :-)

++Lar