 Trains / 5584
Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:
I have posted pictures of my latest locomotive creation based loosely on
British prototype long-nosed diesels.

It looks like a Class 35 Hymek locomotive, maybe a Baby Deltic (now extinct).
I really like the white poles on the doors - that's a new idea.  It's not long
enough for a Class 37 Growler - it's also not a Co-Co.  I haven't looked at • any
Peaks recently, did you have any particular loco in mind or did you just think
- short base with 2 noses?  I like the engine stuff on the underside.

A Lego class 37 would tax the best among us - all those arched bonnets, roof
sections and cab windows, It's one model I would love to see (if not build).

This is about the closest I've seen to a 37 in Lego, but I do not think it is
supposed to be one either. Nice work Huw, have you considered installing
working headlights to put the icing on the cake?

Jon

It borrows heavily from James Mathis' DB139 green locomotive. After first
recreating his model I modified it to create the model shown above.

James Mathis constantly builds quality locomotives - some of his techniques
push some uses of bricks to another level.

Carbon 60