 Trains / 5582
Re: MOC: 'Long nosed diesel'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:
I have posted pictures of my latest locomotive creation based loosely on
British prototype long-nosed diesels.

It looks like a Class 35 Hymek locomotive, maybe a Baby Deltic (now extinct).
I really like the white poles on the doors - that's a new idea.  It's not long
enough for a Class 37 Growler - it's also not a Co-Co.  I haven't looked at any
Peaks recently, did you have any particular loco in mind or did you just think
- short base with 2 noses?  I like the engine stuff on the underside.

It borrows heavily from James Mathis' DB139 green locomotive. After first
recreating his model I modified it to create the model shown above.

James Mathis constantly builds quality locomotives - some of his techniques
push some uses of bricks to another level.

Carbon 60