 Trains / 5587
Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 02:05:12 GMT

John N uttered:
Pretty basic, actually.  I took a few more pics showing the doors and the
other sides of the shed.  At the suggestion of some off-line folk, I added a
circular window in the front.  I hope to locate some of those arches in red
soon.

John,  what strikes me as funny is the side door is _much_ too small for the
engine shed.  It looks comical...mind you, it could be that I am thinking of a
English engine shed, where the opening would only be 10'6" or so, vs a NA one,
but the height clearances were not all that much more over here than the UK
ones (width...well...thats different!).  The only really good pictures I have
to scale off of are of the Taly-llyn railway, which is 2'3"(+the width of a
thumb), and has photos of one of the drivers in the doorway of the engine shed.
The engine door looks to be about 10' at the middle or so, so that is what I
am kind of scaling off of.  Darn'd Lego scale, but I would think of leaving off
the side door/building alltogether.

The tall windows look good, I used the same idea on my coal mine boiler house.

James