 Trains / 5524
Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:00:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Christopher Tracey wrote:

John Neal wrote:

I almost forgot-- here are a few shots of my engine shed.  Please excuse
the frequency of my posts-- that's what happens when you finally get a
new digital camera;-)

Wow!  Nice engineshed John.  I've been playing around with building a two
stall enginehouse/shop myself.  Here are some pics of it from last Sunday's
WAMALUG meeting:
http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/lego/pics/Apr09/thumbnails/trainhouse.jpg.html
http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/lego/pics/Apr09/thumbnails/trainhouse3.jpg.html

It's nowhere near finished yet.  I'm really not happy with the roof- so I am tearing
it down and trying again.  I like what you did with the arched windows on yours.
I just came across a bunch of grey arches, so maybe I'll try something similar.

I just paged through the Walther's HO catalog to look for ideas.  I would recommend it
to everyone-- it is packed with ideas for practically anything you'd want to model on a
train layout.  It's worth the $19.99 IMO

Chris, the Stone Tower Bridge Ninja set comes with red arches and Zany is blowing them
out 50% off-- get them now and sell off the parts to pay for them.  Or wait around--
I'm sure those who are snarfing them up will be selling them off on eBay...  As for the
4x3 black low slopes....good luck;-)  If I were you, I'd experiment with laying 1x2
black bricks on their side and constructing my roof that way-- then you aren't stuck
with a frightful 45° angle from the black roof packs.

.02,
John

-Chris

ps.  i ordered a digital camera last week, it's been sitting on the UPS dock
near my house since last thursday. :( I have several models I want to get some
pics up of.

-Chris