 Trains / 5590
Re: 8 Wide Dual Engine Shed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:09:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

That part is intended as an office room or so I thought; perhaps Lar can shed
<sorry> some light on it's function.  I was modeling from a few protos from a
Walther's catalog-- perhaps I can get a few scans.

Right. If it is wrong, I'm wrong too, as I have a much lower shed like
appurtenance on the side of the car shop I did in blue/grey on the GMLTC yard
module.

I tend to agree, offices may well be single story while the main car or engine
house doors are 2 even 2.5 stories in height.

What struck ME when looking at John's work was that the main doors are not
unreasonably wide even for 6 wide models...

++Lar