 Technic / 9190
Re: Props for Hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:48:23 GMT

How about inserting the 24T gear into half a large turntable, and securing the
other end of the turntable using axles.  I know this gets very large where you
don't want to get large, but it might provide stability in ways the other
solutions do not.

Just thinking out of the box.

Kevin

In lugnet.technic, Mark Haye writes:
Yes, I had tried that.  I was unable to prevent all the rotation at the • friction pin,
and even a small amount of movement there caused significant wobble/binding.

Mark Haye

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message • news:H9xBor.n4w@lugnet.com...
What about attaching another 24t along the same axis with a friction pin,
then having an axle in that? You'd probably need to drive both to stop
rotation at the friction pin.

ROSCO