 Technic / 9181
Re: Props for Hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:30:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski writes:

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message

Another good page:
http://www.sinc.sunysb.edu/Stu/tmelnico/

lifting propeller looks interesting
hard to confess but i didn't know they are different :(

In fact I thought about drum fans before I got to that page but afterwards I'm
even more interested in building one in LEGO...

But what's worse is I got thinking about making a "real" hovercraft, perhaps I
should try one in LEGO first :)

Connecting a duct to the side of a drumfan that hauls some of the air out in
the back (10% were mentioned on the site) could be a way of creating thrust to
a LEGO hovercraft, then if you made the end bit steerable like a noozle, things
could get interesting...

I've also considered bike tubing for the skirt but it might prove to heavy, but
most hovercraft's actually have more of a tube then just a skirt and blow some
of the air into those letting it get out on the inner side... Of course a tube
could be made from thinner plastic as well...

/Tobbe