 Technic / 9169
Re: Props for Hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 01:13:43 GMT

I have this part (from <set:8855>) and I have been unsuccessful in my attempts
to power it to any significant speed.  The problem is that the prop and z24 gear
are permanently molded to a 3L axle which goes through a 1x4 Technic beam.
Having only one bearing point (the 1x4 beam) for the prop axle allows too much
"wobble."  Trying to drive it at high speed results in LOTS of friction (in my
experience).  I have not had the heart to cut it apart and modify it to try to
overcome this problem.

HTH,
Mark Haye

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9vt9E.Gzv@lugnet.com...
I havn't followed as closely as I would have liked, so I don't know if this
has already been mentioned. But this part is the "Ticket" !!!

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5113

Can we get some dialog going on this Prop?

http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster/index.htm