 Technic / 9183
Re: Props for Hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:50:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie writes:
Question: Since I don't know what the z24 exactly looks like on the prop, is
it just like the regular gear? Reason I say, I'm curious, because you could
use the holes on the gear to pin another z24 to it and then you'd have a
place to mount another short axle to it, therby increasing the stability.

No, it only has one pin hole, and no axle holes. Why LEGO decided to do it
that way I can't imagine - all previous sets (AFAIK) used the offset axle
holes (present in the old 24t gears) to connect pistons, not the pin holes.
IMO that part is a major design stuff-up in what is otherwise a nice set.

ROSCO