 Technic / 277
Re: 2000 Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:03:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ralph Hempel writes:

Ahhh, you really want a Universal Kit, like the 8062. Check out some
of the older catalogs and you'll find some really cool universal kits.

The other option is to make your own by shopping for the accessory packs
you need, or getting the Giant Robot Kit or Search Sub on clearance.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Of course, universal sets have always been out there, but they seem to always
be in the $50 range (or more!) and all the parts are in one colour. I did pick
up several Giant Robots when they hit $20 a month ago, but now I've got tons of
yellow bricks when I really want black. And there's no universals in that set.
(Gripe, Whine, Complain - whaddaya want for twenty bucks, the world?? heh)
In theory a bucket, when comparable to the current Classic buckets, would have
a nice selection of most of the parts, or even just one-offs of some
specific parts, and in several colours so if you needed a whole lot of black
and joe legofan needed a whole lot of white, you both could go out and buy
several buckets and trade! Nice theory...  :)

Dear Lego(tm);
If you're reading this, please feel free to contact me for advice on what to
stick in a bucket that I'd buy! :O)

<grin>
K.M.