 Technic / 286
Re: 2000 Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:51:43 GMT

Giant Robots when they hit $20 a month ago,

<snippetty>

Good gravy man!  Where did you find the Giant Robot sets for $20?  I've
only ever seen this on Ebay, never seen one for real...    Wow.... (very
jealous)

Heh.. sorry.. in retrospect I should maybe not have mentioned that, as • they're
all gone. The Wonderful(?) WalMart was blasting them out the door at that
ridiculous price. I found 'em (10 on the shelf), bought two, and once I • got
home decided to go get some more but by the time I got back (about 30 • minutes)
a lil' ol' lady was walking away with the last one. Good thing I'm a
gentleman.. heh..
Over the course of the ensuing weeks I've managed to scrape two more off • the
shelves in other locations but I think they've all but evaporated.
Next time you're in a WM, reach up and grab a box off the top shelf and • take it
over to one of those price check scanners. You may be pleasantly • surprised.
Just don't bring the whole shelf down on top of yourself :)

Great story...

In the year that I've been back into LEGO I've never seen one of these
sets, other than online.  (Though I did win the instructions from one in a
recent auction... waiting for those to arrive.)  :)

I have to guess that these must have been U.S. Walmarts that this was
happening, though I always hate to assume.  :)

Congrats on your great find.  Maybe I'll get lucky one day.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm