 Technic / 283
Re: 2000 Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford writes:

<Snippetty>

Giant Robots when they hit $20 a month ago,

<snippetty>

Good gravy man!  Where did you find the Giant Robot sets for $20?  I've
only ever seen this on Ebay, never seen one for real...    Wow.... (very
jealous)

Regards,
Allan

<snip.>

Heh.. sorry.. in retrospect I should maybe not have mentioned that, as they're
all gone. The Wonderful(?) WalMart was blasting them out the door at that
ridiculous price. I found 'em (10 on the shelf), bought two, and once I got
home decided to go get some more but by the time I got back (about 30 minutes)
a lil' ol' lady was walking away with the last one. Good thing I'm a
gentleman.. heh..
Over the course of the ensuing weeks I've managed to scrape two more off the
shelves in other locations but I think they've all but evaporated.
Next time you're in a WM, reach up and grab a box off the top shelf and take it
over to one of those price check scanners. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Just don't bring the whole shelf down on top of yourself :)

Cheers
K.M.