 Technic / 14835
14834  |  14836
Subject:
Pneumatic Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 03:54:22 GMT

I am comtemplating the purchase of one of those one-way valves from the old
pneumatic sets. I was wondering, if you set up a system in which one tank was
pressure and one was vacuum, and applied both to a 2-cyl engine, would it turn
with more power than a regular engine? What I mean to describe is an engine that
is similar to the 90d phase shift 2 cyl engine that you can find on Dr. C.S.
Soh's pneumatics page, reworked so that when one side of a cylinder had pressure
applied, the other would be connected to vacuum. I realise this would involve
two switches per cyl, instead of one, which is why I am asking in the first
place. Would the extra power from the cyl be enough to drive the extra
resistance of the added switches, and end up with more power than a traditional
engine, or would I be better off just sticking to the traditional engine and
just feeding it more air faster? Sorry if this post is confusing, I am writing
it at 21:35 CST, and I've had the month of my life this week. Five days without
sleep...

Andrew Meyer