 Technic / 14845
Re: Pneumatic Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote:
Thank you Dr. Soh. I started drawing various diagrams of this hypothetical
circuit, and quickly found that it was becoming a perpetual motion machine.
Not, or course, in design or mechanics, but in impossibility. I was chasing a
chimera. The faster I drew new ideas, the faster they refuted themselves. It
was a nice dream, but it requires things that Lego just doesn't have, namely
the sealed switch that has been longed for previously on this site. Thank
you, everybody, for your ideas on this mind exercise.

I'm glad if I saved you some bucks.

The fourth exhaust port is a necessity (for the cylinders to work) and a
nuisance (being inaccessible). I first learned about it from Erik Brok's site.

In real-life pneumatics, this port would be brought out and could be used to
control other parts of the pneumatic circuit for various types of logic
operations. Kevin would have loved that, I'm sure.

You have to constantly remind yourself that this port exists although you cannot
see it!

CSSoh