 Technic / 14843
Re: Pneumatic Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:53:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Chio Siong Soh wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how would one go about creating a continuous vaccume?

Never mind.  I just figured out the answer to my own question.  It was an easy
one.

Did you? Was it?

Haha, I recall there was a long discussion on vacuum not a long time ago.

CSSoh

Hi Dr. Soh,
  Nice to hear from you.

  I've never actually built with the original pneumatics, but my understanding
is that the way to use switches in the old pneumatics is different than the way
you use them with dual ported pistons.

  Don't you put vaccume on say the left port, pressure on the right port, and
then feed the center port to the single port of the piston?

  If this is true, then can't you set up two of these opposite of each other,
and hook one to each of the ports of a dual acting piston, and make it go?

  I guess maybe with the old pneumatics, you never got a chance to "build up"
pressure or vaccume though.

  I think you might need two "one way valve" bricks, one per switch, to prevent
the loss issue you are talking about though.

Kev