 Technic / 14839
Re: Pneumatic Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:20:57 GMT

Just out of curiosity, how would one go about creating a continuous vaccume?

A temporary one can be created inside a piston by clogging one end, but how
could one create a continuous vaccume?  Would this need to be done in, say, an
accumulator (air tank)?  Tha volume of a Lego accumulator is much larger than
that of a piston.  Sucking the air out both sides with a several pistons at both
ends could create a temporary vaccume, but how could that vaccume be kept
continuous?

It sounds complicated to me, but Kevin Clague is constantly answering the
complicated questions!

Nathan

Never mind.  I just figured out the answer to my own question.  It was an easy
one.