 Star Wars / 7074
Re: Where are these survey answers coming from? (was: New Survey up for LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
Guys, it's really pretty simple: my contact has asked not to be revelead by
name or position.  And I will respect that.  Trust me that they have given me
proof that they are legit, and I would not have features like "Ask LEGO!" if I
wasn't sure that the right people were addressing it.

Tim,

If all this is true then thats fine.  What my point is is that with all the
secrecy involved your survey lacks a certain amount of credibility in my eyes.
If this person were to reveal themselves and open a discusion with us like Brad
Justus has it would add credibility to what you are doing.

I perfectly understand you not revealing your sources name if that is what they
asked for.  It just seems to me that if the person had pull within LEGO and
what they were doing in talking to you was legit then they wouldn't have a
problem with releasing their name.

I do find your survey interesting but the whole "LEGO wants to know" part
really takes away from the survey in my opinion without the ability to
substantiate it.  I think if you just put the Survey up as just an informal way
for people to see a poll of what other people would like to see would be more
interesting to me than the whole "Officially Unofficial" way you have
advertised the survey.

Either way it does not make a hugh difference to me except I don't want to
participate with the way things are set up now.  I will still visit your site
for the other info you have there because I find it interesting.

All just my 2 cents worth.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/