 Star Wars / 6944
Re: New Survey up for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:50:35 GMT

Ok first... My three were the B-wing, AAT and the Falcon.

Second, I was sitting here thinking... if LEGO did come out with a $300
Falcon set... it MIGHT not do that well at retail. I am not that sure what
the cost for them would be for packaging (as in the boxes) and printing the
instruction manuals and what not.

So here is sort of a radical Idea... and given how far in the dark ages LEGO
seems to be with direct sales, they will probably never do it.

How about providing a UCS Falcon via direct only. No fancy boxes or
inscrution manuals (they would be B&W with text descriptions for the
colors). This way... all they have to do is produce about 5,000 or so
sets... and if only 1,500 or so sets sell, then they can just put the
remaining stock into inventory.

Of course.. someone who is inventive enough... could do this on their own,
on a special order basis.

Chris

From: "Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:11:19 GMT
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New Survey up for LEGO

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Wong writes:
LEGO wants to know what UCS sets you'd like to see.  If you have an
interest,
stop by and put in your vote!

Hmm... I'm guessing that the #1 UCS set that we all want is... Millenium
Falcon!

Totally. (Please note that the following rave is based on a minimum of
personal experience of the sets in question.)

If I'm only going to get one UCS model, I want the Falcon. Compare the System
X-wing and the UCS X-wing (in terms of scale, gestalt impression of the
vehicle). For US$30 vs US$150, you still get a cool, "zoomable", Lego version
of a favorite space fighter.

For the Falcon on the other hand, given the choice between a fairly juniorised
model for US$100, and a UCS version for US$200-300, I'd rather save up (lots
of) my pennies and go for what would hopefully be one of the finest Lego sets
of all time.

On a related note, do people think that Lego _could_ sell many copies of a set
for over US$250?

--Dave (and his AU$.02 = US$.012)