 Star Wars / 7078
Re: Where are these survey answers coming from? (was: New Survey up for LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 19:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
Guys, it's really pretty simple: my contact has asked not to be revelead
by name or position.

Tim, wouldn't you agree, that's a very odd request for them to make?  (Not so
much the name part but the position part.)

And I will respect that.  Trust me that they have
given me proof that they are legit, and I would not have features like
"Ask LEGO!" if I wasn't sure that the right people were addressing it.

So if I happened to casually mention this whole thing to a LEGO IP attorney
(in a meeting coming up in a couple of weeks), would they know what I was
talking about?

Can you tell us whether your contact suggested the text "Ask LEGO!" and/or
"LEGO wants to know..." or whether you came up with that on your own?

Can you tell us whether your contact gave any reason why LEGO isn't
conducting this survey or discussion off of their own site www.lego.com ?

Eric Kingsley writes:
If all this is true then thats fine.  What my point is is that with all
the secrecy involved your survey lacks a certain amount of credibility in
my eyes.  If this person were to reveal themselves and open a discusion
with us like Brad Justus has it would add credibility to what you are doing.

I agree with Eric -- it's often difficult to take information as seriously
from a clandestine source as from a known source.

I perfectly understand you not revealing your sources name if that is what
they asked for.  It just seems to me that if the person had pull within
LEGO and what they were doing in talking to you was legit then they
wouldn't have a problem with releasing their name.

I hope Tim's contact is reading this and is reconsidering his/her desire to
be so secretive.  It doesn't help credibility or PR.

I do find your survey interesting but the whole "LEGO wants to know" part
really takes away from the survey in my opinion without the ability to
substantiate it.  I think if you just put the Survey up as just an informal
way for people to see a poll of what other people would like to see would
be more interesting to me than the whole "Officially Unofficial" way you
have advertised the survey.

I think that could help allay a lot of the confusion.  (Either that or
"Unofficially Official."  :-)

Either way it does not make a hugh difference to me except I don't want to
participate with the way things are set up now.  I will still visit your
site for the other info you have there because I find it interesting.

All just my 2 cents worth.

Me too.  :)

Kind regards,
--Todd