 Star Wars / 7021
Re: Where are these survey answers coming from? (was: New Survey up for LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 19:24:34 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
LEGO wants to know what UCS sets you'd like to see.  If you have an
interest, stop by and put in your vote!  [...]

Tim,

I think it's totally great that "LEGO" (whatever that means) is soliciting
feedback about SW:UCS sets!, but I'm still suspicious that this is an
unofficial channel.  If it is, then not only would it be misleading to say
"LEGO wants to know...", but you might even end up getting someone at LEGO
in serious trouble for leaking information or allowing you to accidentally
misrepresent their unofficial statements as official statements.  :-(

Can you tell us whether your contact is a regular employee or whether are
you in actual contact with "LEGO itself" (i.e., the company as a whole, or
its attorneys, on an official level)?  Why haven't we heard directly from
LEGO about this, and why is your contact so clandestine about his/her
identity?  Is LEGO's in-house legal counsel aware of what is taking place?
(esp. statements such as "LEGO wants to know..." and "LEGO has graciously
agreed to answer...")

Kind regards,
--Todd

I just wanted to second Todd's thoughts here.  The main reason I have not
participated in the survey is that it seems "fishy" to me.  It seems to me if
LEGO wanted an "Offical Survey" they would do it themselves not through a
supposidly "Unoffical" fan supported channel.

Don't get me wrong I love your site but this just seems a bit strange to me.

Just remember if LEGO this person was really important and had pull they
probably wouldn't be afraid to release their identity and they probably would
not get the results they are looking for through a fan based site.

Just my humble opinion

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/