 Star Wars / 6942
Re: New Survey up for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Wong writes:
LEGO wants to know what UCS sets you'd like to see.  If you have an interest,
stop by and put in your vote!

Hmm... I'm guessing that the #1 UCS set that we all want is... Millenium
Falcon!

Totally. (Please note that the following rave is based on a minimum of
personal experience of the sets in question.)

If I'm only going to get one UCS model, I want the Falcon. Compare the System
X-wing and the UCS X-wing (in terms of scale, gestalt impression of the
vehicle). For US$30 vs US$150, you still get a cool, "zoomable", Lego version
of a favorite space fighter.

For the Falcon on the other hand, given the choice between a fairly juniorised
model for US$100, and a UCS version for US$200-300, I'd rather save up (lots
of) my pennies and go for what would hopefully be one of the finest Lego sets
of all time.

On a related note, do people think that Lego _could_ sell many copies of a set
for over US$250?

--Dave (and his AU$.02 = US$.012)