 Star Wars / 6780
Re: What makes a minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:27:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Weigle writes:

As for personality, I doubt the battle droids have it. The commanders seem to
operate with a certain amount of AI, but the rest of them sure don't. But that
brings me to a question regarding the movie: Commanders should logically be
able to function on their own, since not all situations can be monitored by the
robot control ship... But when that ship is destroyed, all droids stop working.
Also, isn't that a great risk, having security droids (who do guard VIPs) &
commanders non-functional without the help of a ship? Seems to be a huge error
of judgment on behalf of the TF...

Regarding the judgment errors on the part of the Trade Federation, check out
this link:

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/tradfed/tradfed.htm

I'd say that the real judgment error was a poorly-developed plot.  I think that
Lucas gets himself into some tight spots in terms of plot, and then just bull-
dozes through without considering the details.