 Star Wars / 6723
Re: What makes a minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:11:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
I am curious, as I don't have an extensive knowledge of LEGO.  Sebulba is a
"piece", and characters that are made of parts like Pit Droids or Gasgano are
not minifigs.

Could someone make sense of all of it?

I think this one came up a while ago...you might want to search the
archives.

Anyway, "If memory serves me correctly", here's what was generally agreed
upon:

Minifigs are made of minifig torsos, minifig heads, and minifig legs.
Nobody argued that one.

Battle droids, skeletons, and Gasgano are at a sort of 'semi-minifig'
level.  They're close enough that a lot of people call them minifigs,
mostly because they are meant to be "characters".

There may be an intermediate category between the forst two, consisting of
Jar Jar, Capt. Tarpals/Gungan Warrior, and (soon) C3P0.  I personally put
them in the first category, but some people disagree on the grounds that
they do not have "minifig heads".

R2-D2 and such I place on the same level as the dragons/crocodiles,
although the R2 pieces are marginally more "generic" than the dragon ones.

I'd call Sebulba a piece because...well...he's one piece.  No
articulation, no construction required.  Just like snakes, bats, birds,
spiders, scorpions...