 Star Wars / 6732
Re: What makes a minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:47:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Alan Gerber writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:
Minifigs are made of minifig torsos, minifig heads, and minifig legs.
Nobody argued that one.
I'll argue that.  How about this:
http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/reference/minifigs/kkm-13.jpg
and this:
http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/reference/minifigs/frk-02.jpg ?
Alan

Well, that wasn't quite his point-- his point was that IF it contains a minifig
torso, minifig head, and minifig legs (used in a 'minifig way' [implied]) THEN
it is *definitly* a minifig. He wasn't making any statements about candidates
that didn't have some the aforementioned parts, although I think we might be
able to safely append that nobody will argue that the characters you mentioned
are ALSO minifigs... Hence, we may be able to say that nobody will argue that a
candidate is a fig IF it contains a minifig head AND a minifig torso.

Personally (like most others who have been replying), it's a personal thing. I
don't see skeletons, battle droids, R2's or Sebulbas as figs, but Jar-Jar's ARE
minifigs in my book. I guess that means I go by the rule that if it has a
minifig torso & arms, it's a minifig (can't say the same for hands, thanks to
hook hands)... But on the other hand, a minifig torso (w/ arms & hands),
minifig legs, and something ELSE (a normal brick for example) on his head ISN'T
a minifig in my book... I'd tend to think of that as an incomplete minifig.
Anyway, that's where my preferences lean...

DaveE