 Star Wars / 6727
Re: What makes a minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:33:34 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

But the problem is that I feel that there are other things that are minifigs
that don't fit that rule- ghosts are minifigs, IMHO, and they don't have legs.

Actually, some of them do...the ones in the Time Twisters sets had legs,
as do the ones from the DACTA Castle set.  There's not much *point* in
them having legs, because of the body cover...but they're there.

I think a better example would be Willa the Witch or Queen Leonora -
clearly minifigs, even though they use a 'skirt' piece instead of legs.

Hmm...is the little robot form the TIme Losers "Mystic Mountain" set a
minifig?  The only mf part it has is the head...

I was going to say that a MF is anything that uses a mf part as a mf part
- that leaves out things like Dr. Cornelius' steam mech, which uses brown
mf legs for its hands - but it also leaves out the battle droids and R2,
while leaving in skeletons.

Saying "a mf is anything that represents a character" would result in
Sebulba being a mf, though, and I'm not happy with that definition.