 Star Wars / 6724
Re: What makes a minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:16:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
I am curious, as I don't have an extensive knowledge of LEGO.  Sebulba is a
"piece", and characters that are made of parts like Pit Droids or Gasgano are
not minifigs.

Could someone make sense of all of it?

There was a big conversation about this a while back.  What it all boils down
to is personal judgement, really.

In my view, Pit Droids aren't "minifigs", nor is Sebulba.  It is tempting for
me to say that what draws the line for me is legs and torso w/arms (as in, they
have to be there) with whatever head... I think of Jar Jar as a minifig, but
there were some people who did not.  I will also consider 3PO and Chewie
minifigs.

But the problem is that I feel that there are other things that are minifigs
that don't fit that rule- ghosts are minifigs, IMHO, and they don't have legs.
R2-D2 is a minifig to me, and he doesn't have a single "minifig" element.
Ditto the Battle Droids.

So I guess I'm no help in clearing it up, no.  Sorry. <:D

eric