 Star Wars / 3849
  Re: SW set list for 2000

Huh, I replied to it just as it came in via email. I had been online, checked mail, wrote a couple of posts, checked again and it was there and I responded to it. Guess it was just a little delayed reaction getting to me. It's at 14.75 as I write (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Whoa, my calculations say you read his comment about one hour later from when he wrote it. If you take a look now, it might even be down at 14 hours. =] // Eric (time moves, even in news) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

Dennett wrote; (...) Still, looking at the time stamps on the mail - you answered one hour later, but then again, the answer on my mail was written 50 minutes BEFORE I wrote it. =) Figure that one out for a 2x4 red brick! My guess is that it's (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

I should have noted that anything after the first two lines was cut and paste directly from the news bit, so the 'confirmed' statement is from the original writer. I have no idea how accurate the list is. As for this 'launch' at the Lego site, what (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

Oh wait... I am insane. There is one character in Star Wars that has a jet pack. I suppose it could be him. With the recent, probably controlled leak of the 2000 catalog, I suppose Lego could be planning to announce the year 2000 catalog (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Boba Fett fired up his jet pack on the Desert Skiff in ROTJ. (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) And didn't he promptly run right into the side of the stupid thing? Kya (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Not "promptly". He used the jet pack to get from the Sail Barge- the biggest of the three vessels, the one with Jabba on it- to the Skiff with Han and Luke, etc. He ends up fighting Luke a bit (wraps him up with a cord, which Luke chops with (...) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) There is no exscuse for the way that Boba Fett was killed off in ROTJ. He had too much potential as a character, and the grudge between he and Han had too much plot potential to be abandoned and resolved so easily. A major mistake by Lucas, I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) ??? Well, hate to say this, but, um, it happened. Boba Fett was a minor character who filled a specific plot point, and was written out when no longer necessary. The only reason anyone cares at all is that he looked cool. James (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

<snip> (...) Just in case you did not know Boba Fett was brought back in the Star Wars Books. Boba Fett survived the Sarlac pit and was able to escape shortly after our Rebel friends made their escape. He was quite beat up and was found by Dengar (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) had (...) Actually, he didn't die. I'm not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but the first book in the "Bounty Hunter Wars" series of books by K.W. Jeter tells of how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc. The writing level isn't of the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) I thought one of the Ewok specials (or something) had him survive because of his armor. Hmmm....Maybe I'll do some research. Ciao! (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Oh my god let me just take this moment to say: the Timothy Zahn Star Wars novels were some of the worst writing I've ever seen. Plot twists you could see coming from, um, parsecs away. And about every other person is described as having (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Agreed. He HAS done better work, but even his best is merely airplane fodder rather than "wow, that changed how I think about X" stuff. (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Hmm. That must take place after the issue of the old Marvel comic Star Wars in which he blasts his way out with his jet pack and is picked up by Jawas who mistake him for a droid. The amusing part? He is delusional and beleives himself to be a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) of (...) was (...) I tend to agree as well for all the Star Wars books. I have read nearly all of them and none has been great there were a few that were good but that is the best it gets. I think the biggest problem is that even the Star Wars (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) I've tried to read several SW books but never made it far because, honestly, I just haven't found any to be well-written. Just MO, of course. I've heard about how Boba Fett made it out of the Sarlaac Pit, and it seems reasonable that he should (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

<snip> (...) I wouldn't go so far as say that the Boba Fett character was developed. He only said about a total of 4 lines in 2 movies (3 if you count the special edition) and nothing can be developed in 4 lines. He was fairly intriguing however (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) of (...) was (...) I didn't mind them, but then, I wasn't looking for high liturature. ;) My biggest nit with his SW books was the bad guy was omniscient until book three, at which point he start being stupid. Dropped me right out the bottom (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Hear, hear. I started reading one when I was a lab assitant on a quiet day, and about fifty pages into the book, I realized that I had more fun being bored. (...) Uh, shouldn't that be: "plot twists you could see coming within the next fifteen (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) after (...) back to (...) And THAT is why I try not to stray from the movies. If there was one story about his survival, I might have bought it. Since writers want their own manifestation of Boba Fett alive (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

<snip> (...) How about info from the official Star Wars web site? Does it count? Check out the last paragraph on (URL) It at least opens the door for speculation. I have also found that for the most part the books try to stay consistant with what (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) I completely agree. I do not think that the power of Star Wars can be conveyed in print in any way that does justice to the feel, to the texture of the saga. The books try to capture the epic quality of the movies, but in this they fail. SW (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) "You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on twelve servers." --Todd (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) George Luscas has a team of people that do nothing but insure that all the movies, books, comics, and even the plots of the computer games fit into a complete non-contradictory and interlaced story. For example, SW ep.4 special edition had the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) movies are considered canon. Refer to the following article: (URL) that "novelisations" refers to novelisations of the movies, not the extended-galaxy novels put out by pulp authors. Even shadows of the Empire, which did seem to take great (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) contradiction. If a movie doesn't contradict it then it happened. That is the basic definition of cannon. The order of precedence being: Movies, radio-drama/novelisations, continuation books, and comics. (...) Then why would be paying a team (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) Point well-taken and partially conceded. I realize that Lucas licenses all SW products and literature, which makes me call into question the better judgment of allowing so much thrown-together nonsense to become part of the "official" SW (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW set list for 2000

(...) I understand your point of view and to some degree sympathize with it. My only consolation is that Lucas trys to make sure it is all consistent with everything else. Paramount on the other hand totally destroyed Star Trek with all that crap (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)