 Star Wars / 2569
Re: Lego Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 05:59:52 GMT

On Thu, 27 May 1999 01:24:33 GMT, "Charles Spindell" <legomenace@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I saw Episode I again in the theaters and caught many things I missed before
(i.e. the original landspeeder painted green and the E.T.s in the Senate).  I
think I am going again tomorrow.  Just doing my part to lift Episode I over
Titanic for the box-office record.

I am hoping it will set a record, but I have my doubts.  it is a good movie,
and many people will see it multiple times, but what I have seen at the
theatres in my area makes me think it won't.
Titanic had a remarkable appeal.  Heck, my own mother saw the thing 6+ times -
and she never wanted to watch any movie more than once.  Even my nephew saw it
over a half-dozen times.  Once it got started, Titanic was doing record
business weekend after weekend for a stunningly long time.  Average people
seeing it over and over again.
And EP1, despite the hype and anticipation, didn't break the Jurassic Park
sequals opening weekend take.  Sure, it set a record for the week, but why
didn't the actual weekend take make the record?

It will be interesting to see what happens.  Might be close.

-- Terry K --