 Star Wars / 2738
Re: Lego Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:34:02 GMT

On Mon, 31 May 1999 07:23:52 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:

Me:
And TPM is *much* better than _The Lost World_.

John:
Not if you are a big Dino fan;-)

Or a little dino fan.  I was glad to see the Compies appear in TLW, after
they had been so rudely excluded from JP.  Even if they didn't end up
eating what's-his-name, the old guy.

Terry:
Really.  The Lost World was _so_ disappointing.

And back to John:
Really?  The part when the Rex runs rampant through San Diego is an *absolute
classic*  I would agrue that the computer technology perfected in JP paved the way
for TPM.

The whole bit with taking the T-Rex (not Trex, that's deck-building
material) to San Diego was so trite, and such a change in direction from
the first 2/3 of the movie.  It's like they had two stories, neither enough
for a movie by itself, so they sort of mashed them together.

I first encountered TLW in the book form.  It was much better as a book, it
flowed out of JP much better (except that it went over material dropped
from JP).  But the book had a very strong sense of "here's some lame excuse
for us to go back to the island, and let the dino's chase us around some
more".  In that sense, the movie was much better.

But TLW was no JP.

Steve