 Star Wars / 2574
Re: Lego Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 12:39:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Terry Keller writes:

Snip...

And EP1, despite the hype and anticipation, didn't break the Jurassic Park
sequals opening weekend take.  Sure, it set a record for the week, but why
didn't the actual weekend take make the record?

The way understand it is that TPM did set a record for non-holiday weekend
sales.  For example if TPM were released for Memorial day weekend then Monday's
numbers would have been included as it was in Lost World.

I also hope it can break the record but I also have some doubts.  I think I was
one of only two people that still has not seen Titanic and it did have more
broad based appeal.  Star Wars has its fans and they will help it into the top
ten and maybe up to #2 but I don't think that Star Wars will have the
"cross-over" appeal that Titanic did.

Eric

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598

It will be interesting to see what happens.  Might be close.

-- Terry K --