 Star Wars / 2597
Re: Lego Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 04:11:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Herzberg writes:
I think the new SW Ep1 sets are great! I'm not a SW fan, have never seen a SW
movie (until I saw Ep1 this weekend, it was okay), but I love the sets. Also,
I truly doubt it will soar above Titanic, it didn't even beat the opening
weekend record set by the Lost World: Jurrasic Park.

Very true, it did not break the record.  But then neither did Titanic!  Gross
earning records aren't broken on opening weekend.  They are broken over time
and the main determinant is stamina.  Does Ep 1 have the ability to rake in
the people for 2 months?  I would guess that it tapers off before Titanic did,
just due to the fact that there are more teeny-boppers in love with Leo than
all the Ewoks on Endor.

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
I just got my copy of the May-June Lego Mania Magazine.  It is completely
dedicated to the new Episode I sets.  It shows all of the sets and mini-figs
in great detail.  I wish I had this a few weeks ago so that I could have
drooled over them before I actually bought them.

I saw Episode I again in the theaters and caught many things I missed before
(i.e. the original landspeeder painted green and the E.T.s in the Senate).  I
think I am going again tomorrow.  Just doing my part to lift Episode I over
Titanic for the box-office record.

I just want to make sure that these three make so much money that Lucas HAS to
make the last three.  (See, $1 Billion - people want this!)

Mike